Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun With Names

Ever wonder where some of our owners came up with their team names? My best guesses:

Bellevue Freakin' Franchise
Bucky Dent's Middle Name
Chi-Town Black Sox
Cincinnati Redlegs
DC Chips
Downsouth Brews
Duke Street Kings
Edinburgh Caber Tossers
Helena Handbasket j/k, try this
HEYHOWARYA
I Miss Rod Beck
John McDonald Fanclub
La Chapelle-aux-Saints Neanderthals
Old Pete's Rabble
Otherton Fish Biscuits
Planet 10
Potomac Rage
Rochester Beau Brummels
Rusty Kuntz Traveling All Stars
Warning Track Power
Wedge Tornado
White Meadow Lake Black Stones
Willets Point "Mechanics"
Windy City Potato Pocketers

6 comments:

  1. By the way, my team's name is the name I use in all fantasy leagues, and I am in a lot. It comes from one of my favorite films, a cult-status movie entitled "The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prolly should have mentioned that my team is Planet 10, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We brew all types of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, i can safely say I have never heard of 8th Dimension Bonzai movies. But I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrong again, Lou!

    http://brucespringsteen.net/songs/Backstreets.html

    ReplyDelete