Thursday, August 6, 2009

Box Score Lists

Jason B, on top of the world with a .655 Winning Percentage, had some ideas on interesting box scores, and I added a few of my own as well:

Most Runs Scored
25 - John McDonald, Sep 12
21 - Bucky Dent, Apr 19
20 - Chi-Town, Aug 3
20 - Bellevue, Aug 24

Won Shutouts by Highest Margin
20 - Bellevue, Aug 24
17 - Rochester, Jun 25
16 - Middle Name, Aug 28

Most Quality Starts
26 - Dwight Gooden, I Miss
25 - Pedro Martinez, Warning Track
22 - Jack Chesbro, I Miss
21 - Cy Young, Traveling

Most Game Winning RBI
21 - Jeff Bagwell, Windy City
19 - Larry Walker, Planet
19 - Lou Gehrig, Cincinnati
18 - Josh Gibson, La Chapelle

Best Team Records in Pitchers Starts
26-9, Pud Galvin, John McDonald
25-10, Mark Fidrych, John McDonald
23-7, Pedro Martinez, Warning Track
23-9, Eddie Plank, La Chapelle

1 comment:

  1. I think home park or momentum or something must have a really strong effect on how well guys do. Because I had Gooden last year and I had to shaft him to long relief he was so putrid.

    Cecil Cooper might be leading the league in some sort of obscure GWRBI stat that matches total GWRBI to your at bats and your team's wins. He's got 7 GWRBI in my 68 wins: ~10%, but only has 5% of my team's ABs since he's a backup 1b/DH.

    ReplyDelete