Monday, July 27, 2009

A Shout Out To Rob Murphy

Each Week, Rob Murphy (BFF) narrowly misses the cut from showing up on the Great, The Good, and The Ugly reporting. Rightly or wrongly, each week, I pick out 4 starters, 2 closers, and the next best pitcher unlisted.

As a result, Murphy is routinely compared to Derek Lilliquist (WPP) and comes up a bit short in my mind. Lilliquist is on my team of course, so in fairness I feel it my responsibility (multiple emails from Brad have NO bearing on this post of course) to list the two side by side in case I am the fool, and Murphy is indeed being slighted. Here are their stats:


Looking at them, I think it always came down to the fact Murphy has the same number of walks and K's, though, Lilliquist's K/BB ration is not exactly stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment