Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Busted Post - But Wanted to Share the Charts

I had grand plans to analyze the possible post-season rotations for each playoff hopeful.  Alas, I ran out of time.  But I made a decent start on putting together a spreadsheet that was to aid the analysis.  Thought I would share.

It lists the 5 best starters for each team, with teams ranked in order of success.  Success was measured by average starter ERA, multiplied by a rudimentary park factor.  The degree of accuracy in park factor equation is not meant to be absolute, rather, I would have posted general rankings in any final article - Great, Very Good, Good, Average, Fair, Poor, Very Poor.

Here are a few screenshots





1 comment:

  1. Should I reach the playoffs, I'll go with a 4-man rotation.

    ReplyDelete