Thursday, April 18, 2013

Owner Seeks Advice

It's really me, owner of the Red Eagles seeking advice.  Look at this line


That is my first round pick, Turkey Stearnes.  Do you sit him versus lefties?  That line is so bad, while the vs righties line is so good, it hurts to think about.

If he were a 4th round pick he'd be benched versus lefties 3 months ago, but I think I've fallen into the quandary so many MLB teams fall into - putting players on the field because of their cost as opposed to their merit.

Anyway, what would you do in this situation?

4 comments:

  1. You should cut him!

    Seriously though, I think it's a fluke and I wouldn't bench him if I were you. I was worried about Childs playing against lefties, but I had no alternative and he's been very good against lefties (which is probably a fluke also).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd leave him in there and consider him due for a course correction. The questions also demands to know the quality of who you would replace him with and if they can bring power like that.

    Maybe the hedge would be to move him down in the lineup against lefties

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I meant was that you are comfortably in first -- one might say dominating the league -- and I wouldn't get overly worked up over a bit of lefty trouble.

      Delete