Monday, January 23, 2012

To Baseline or Not to Baseline?

Recently I have been thinking on another 100 Sim Baseline exercise.  I feel I owe everyone something for the1800s fiasco, but don't want to do anything the majority disagrees with.

Would like to know your thoughts.  Please vote to the right.

Pros
  • I've confused the heck out of everyone with the 1800s player issues.  This will eliminate that confusion
  • New owners would benefit, making the league more competitive from top to bottom
  • For players in the database more than once (i.e., Ruth, Bonds, Schmidt, Pedro) we would have proof which year is better.
Cons
  • It may take away from the draft by eliminating a piece of the unknown.
It comes down to a preference for as competitive a league as possible vs. preserving the unknown. 

Proposed Methodology
  • Computer Draft
  • 56 Teams
  • 25 man rosters
  • multiple players OK
  • Computer Manager Profile
  • No human tinkering.  We will have a few players in the database that won't get playing time. 
 Please add comments via the comment box as opposed to email.

4 comments:

  1. I like both and would go with Majority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changes will result in the season to be calculated on the corrected stats. See no reason to go to the extra effort to run the 100 sims. (I do NOT believe that 'error' should be a reason to build in 'a piece of the unknown'. But, that not critical enough to re-run the sims. The unknown should be based upon the dmb neutralized stat zones, etc. ) Good enough that you made the fixes. Give Lou a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fred, but I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't prepared to put in the work! Please vote upon league needs and not mine, ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted no but I'm ok with either. I hate to be wishy-washy, but I really think I'll equally appreciate the help or the challenge.

    ReplyDelete