Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vote: More Sims?

I've had a request that I think makes a lot of sense - more sims per week.
  • Originally, ATB started out with 1 sim date per week with 15 games run at a time.
  • A few years ago, we switched to 3 mini sims per week, each of 5 games a piece
  • How about 5 mini sims per week, with 3 or 4 games per mini sim?
An owner came to me asking if we could eliminate the long break between Tuesday's sim and Sunday's sim by extending the number of mini sims.

There is, but it comes at a small cost. Today, I use the break to create the custom reports and do the weekly writeup. If we extended the days where I post results, it will cut down on the time I have to do these updates and many would have to be eliminated.

I am OK with this. I am loving the blog idea, and several of you have already signed up to post as well. To me, the blog content is light years better than an RSAA or AOPSAP report.

So, please take the time to vote on the poll in the upper right hand side of the blog - more sims, yes or no?

5 comments:

  1. I voted no, because I like the RSAA and AOPSAP reports, and I don't know wich other reports take effort? Would you keep up the standings chart and great feats perhaps alternating weeks? Are all of the links in the League Reports area (team game results, transactions, etc.) automated? I 100% rely on that to find my injuries, I tend to miss them in the box scores (as evidenced by my 11:53 AM pickup of the Daulton injury).

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I agree less writeup time is probably reasonable with the blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted whatever the Commish and league wants on this, I love the blog and the write-ups generally but I really respect the time Lou has to put into this to make it such a good experience and as such Commish you get my vote whichever way you want it to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point. Every link under League Reports are automated, so no changes there.

    I think I would eliminate RSAA and AOPSAP, the Standings Charts, and reduce the writeup significantly.

    I like RSAA and AOPSAP too, so, maybe I would post updates of these to the blog from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted no, because I would hate to see any of the writeups and stuff lost.

    ReplyDelete